General electronics retailers
- Old fashioned electronics store, City and Enfield. Altronics reseller - Aztronics' prices are usually the same.
- 170 Sturt Street, Adelaide, SA 5000, Phone: (08) 8212 6212
- 470A Main North Rd, Blair Athol SA 5084, Phone: (08) 8349 6340
- Hackerspace Adelaide has a Trade Price deal with Aztronics. Simply say you're from "hackerspace" and you'll get the trade price on all electronics, at both stores. (thanks Ralph!)
- Gawler Electronics
- Currently online only. Jorn attends Hackerspace and is happy to drop off purchases there or in town.
- Repairs to mobile phones, games (Wii & DS, XBox, Playstation), Netbooks & Laptops.
- Sells gadgets, S/H phones & laptops, multimeters, components, tools and soldering equipment.
- Hackerspace Adelaide members get Trade Price at www.gawlerelectronics.com
- Interstate retail electronics store. Sells SMT gear in reasonable quantities. Aztronics is a local reseller.
- Element 14 (formerly Farnell)
- Massive range, prices can vary. $13 shipping, free above $45. $10 minimum order.
- RS Australia
- Similar to Element 14.
Their site isn't as easy to searchRS now have a "NEW advanced parametric search", so you can more easily select the parameters you want. Free shipping, no minimum order!
- Mouser reseller. $15 delivery below $200, free above.
- Regular electronics parts and surplus. Some cheap LCD screens. Freight starts at $10.
- Great prices, slow delivery (from Thailand - allow about 12 days). $4 delivery for orders <$50. If you haven't got the "order shipped" within a few days, ask them if you can remove parts if they're not in stock.
- Asian element14-style store. Apparently has free shipping, but not sure if it's to Australia.
 Hobbyist electronics
- Apparently they sell stuff from the Practical Arduino book. Their website doesn't tell you much about them. Their SMT oven uses Twitter!
- Little Bird
- $5.50-$8.50 shipping <$150, free above. Hackerspace has an order code for 10% discount on orders over $200 - Contact User:Pix for info.
- Similar to Little Bird. "Australia Post Real Time Rates".
- Toys Down Under
- Robot Gear
- Shipping from $6.50.
- Australian Robotics
- Arduinos, displays etc. $6.50 shipping, free above $50.
- Not the cheapest, but they have some interesting stuff. $5.50 shipping.
- Picaxe retailer
- Hobby King
- RC store. Aus and overseas store too, see below.
 New Zealand
I don't think we pay GST (15%). Air mail should be about $10.
- Bulk orders from Sparkfun.
- Seeed Studio
- Hobbyist parts, PCB manufacturing. Free shipping for USD50+.
- Yes, they even sell Arduinos cheaply (a Mega for $28). See Electronics gadgets and DIY parts and components. Some of their less popular parts can take a while to ship though.
- Similar to DealExtreme. Perhaps they don't lie so much about their shipping time. They also sell components.
- Hobby King
- Parts for RC vehicles, and cheap Arduino clones. Registered shipping for $4. Some stock available from Australia (with higher shipping).
Also check ebay for cheap Arduinos (and clones), USB-TTL adapters etc. Unlike some stores, they have stock already and they're likely to dispatch stuff fairly quickly.
 Not electronics
 Metal casting
- AMC Supplies
- Somerton Park
 Silicone and plastic casting
 Specialist retailers
- Oatley Electronics
- All sorts of electronic
crapsurplus parts. About $10 shipping.
- That's not garbage - Beverley
- Various stuff that people normally toss out, intended for art projects
- EL wire source
- Cheap electroluminescent wire. From Canada, shipping $2.50 (a letter) - $10.00 (air mail small parcel).
- Communications and USB products. Sydney.
- small bearings, timing pulleys, timing belts, seals, o-rings, spur gears, mitre gears, internal gears, taper pins rod ends, and so on
 PCB manufacturers
- 10 boards for about $1.40 each. 10 day delivery. Dan seems to be happy with them, but EEVBlog's Dave isn't so happy (also see these tips).
- Fusion PCB by Seeed
- Mark has had success with this
- Hackvana by Mitch aka CapnKernel on #ozhs
- From $19, fast turnaround available.
Also see the Element14 forum.